Monday, April 14, 2008

So mi esposo and I have come down with a serious case of Spanish fever. We've been studying Spanish for about a month now, and last night I re-christened our cat, Pumpkin Escobar, with un nombre espaƱol, Santa Cruz-Cruise. The poor thing must have an identity crisis with all the nicknames we give her (including Slugabed and Cool Pack). As you may be able to tell from her pic, Santa Cruz-Cruise es una gordita.


In school-related news, I watched Atonement yesterday, and I'm pretty sure that my movie is not going to be as good as that, which is really disappointing to me. But I am hoping to start building my sets tonight. So we'll see how that all goes..

6 comments:

The Stace said...

Gordita? Chubby one? I went to babelfish.com to translate. In English, gordita is...gordita. That's helpful.

I plan on watching Atonement tonight or tomorrow (during my long awaited day off from work). Depends on if my esposo wants to watch it con mi. (I don't know Spanish so excuse that if it's wrong.)

Our pets have multiple names. Now they tend to respond more to the voices we use for them. Our dog, who came to us with the name Storm, is also sugarhead, cabbagehead, chunk butt, big baby storm (after Celtic's basketball player Big Baby Davis), and Stormy Jones.

One of our cats ended up being called Chubs (chubbas, chubby boy)all the time instead of his given name, Crispus. He responded better to Chubs.

And don't underestimate your Flash story telling abilities. Some of the greatest movie makers got started taking still shots of action scenes...

Mariana Mora said...

Hey..glad to heard that you guys like Spanish..OK! Idea: reunion para intercambiar palabras con vino y musica...find that out and let me know! Buena Suerte with the story

jason j said...

Cats are full of unspoken awesomeness. I'm sure she'll be ok..

s2 said...

Unfortunately Spanish Fever is incurable, but there is a prescription that can help mitigate the risk of contagion and prevent further outbreaks.

Kristin M Royer said...

Mariana, quiero hacerlo. Me gusta vino y musica. Not sure my grammar is prefect. We'll have to get together sometime, although I am feeling snowed under with this most recent project...

Markorama said...

thanks for checking in, while I'm not really psy'd about the flash project I'm sure I'll get through it.

It just seems sort of random and unrelated to the rest of the class to me.